Happy Birthday Marc Brown - November 25

Happy Birthday Marc Brown - Born November 25, 1946

I sent Marc Brown a letter asking him if he would share a birthday memory or tradition and this was his response:

My birthday tradition is to avoid bad turkey jokes as my birthday often falls on or very near Thanksgiving. Having my family gather for Thanksgiving (and my birthday as a bonus) is something I look forward to each year.


Maybe read Arthur's Birthday to help me celebrate! Next year I'm visiting schools to celebrate Arthur's 35th anniversary!

Marc, I agree, reading Arthur's Birthday would be a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday.  Thank you so much for sharing!  Take a look at the birthday party first graders at the Craddock Elementary School in Aurora, Ohio had this week.  Invitations were created, hats were designed, and cupcakes were enjoyed! (click here to see the wonderful teacher's blog).

Our family was really excited that next year Marc Brown is celebrating his 35th anniversary of Arthur.  We love Arthur and we were particularly intrigued by the number 35.  My kids and I spent the past two days making the video we titled, 35 Things!  We hope you like it:



We hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Travel safe and enjoy time with family!

Links:

1. 2009 birthday celebration from Happy Birthday Author
2. Marc Brown Studios
3. Arthur PBS Kids Website
4. Complete Reading Rockets Interview

Comments

  1. So close to my birthday, just the day before! I love what he said though about the bonus of a Thanksgiving birthday, because it's so true. I almost always get to have my family near and even if we don't celebrate big, I still enjoy every minute. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment